Jamaican and Caribbean Cuisine
Many people have never had the pleasure of experiencing real Jamaican or Caribbean cuisine. We offer Caribbean food catering services with real Caribbean food. Caribbean food is unique in part due to the visitors the region has received over the past several centuries. You may notice influences from the Spanish, French, and British. Each of these cultures has influenced today’s multi-national cuisine of the Caribbean. However, in truth, that is the tip of the iceberg as far as cultural influence is concerned! Caribbean cuisines is a fusion of Chinese, African, European, East Indian, Arab, and Amerindian cuisines.
The indigenous population of the Caribbean pull from local herbs and plants to flavour their local dishes. It is common to find fruits and vegetables such as plantain, prickly pear, mango, chayote squash, callaloo greens, okra, cassava, breadfruit, coconut and tamarind used in the recipes.
Caribbean flavours are described as spicy and sweet with some dishes relying on curries. Jerked meats are a favourite of Caribbean cuisines with jerk marinades and dry rubs consisting of seasonings such as chillies, cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme, garlic, and sometimes fruits. These ingredients, when combined together create a delightfully rich flavour with multiple layers.
Side dishes often consist of rice dishes prepared in a multitude of ways, along with fried plantain, sauteed greens, tubers and squashes, and fruits prepared in both sweet both savoury manners.
The Caribbean meats traditionally consist of chicken, pork, goat, and plenty of seafood. The heavy reliance on seafood is due to the Caribbean being surrounded by plentiful fishing.
While Caribbean food is not typically considered to be vegetarian or vegan, today it is not uncommon to see the cuisine prepared in such a way for those who love the taste of the Caribbean but prefer to eat less meat and animal products.
Wedding & Event Catering
For authentic Caribbean cuisine, we are now available to cater for any kind of service you may require. Whether the event calls for silver service at a wedding, staffed buffet, self-serve buffet, delivery service, or a casual family BBQ, we can delivery our quality food to fit the theme of your event.
Christopher’s Caribbean Food Catering Menus
We don’t currently advertise a menu online, but we are happy to discuss ideas with you. To get an idea of some of the dishes we have prepared in the past, we invite you to visit our Instagram page, where you will find a rich history of pictures and videos of our creations, along with brief descriptions. We’ve pulled a few of our favourite dishes and listed them for you here. This list is nowhere near extensive and we are regularly creating new delicious dishes to delight our customers with.
- Jerk chicken or pork skewers with sticky rice on a bed of sweet chilli jerk sauce
- Chicken and prawns skewers served with crispy noodles, sticky rice, tomatoes and a dash Christopher’s Jerk sauce.
- Blow torched fillet of salmon, seasoned with honey rosemary, salt and black pepper
- Barbecue jerk meats
- pork ribs, highly seasoned and served with a lashing of Christopher’s jerk sauce and cucumbers and tomatoes
- Jerk wings, roast potatoes, sweetcorn, sweet pepper coleslaw, chips, spinach, and lashings of Christopher’s jerk sauce
- 21 day matured sirloin steak cooked with a blow torch with sides of double-baked chips
- Escovishe fried fish
- Steamed seabass, served with crispy fried pasta and boiled plantain
- Special fried rice cooked with king prawns, scallops and seasoned with salt, pepper, pimento, all-purpose seasoning, ginger and garlic
- Fried seabass and filleted seabass, served with plantain and a mixed leaf green salad
- Steamed whole seabass, served on a bed of crispy stir-fried noodles
- King prawn curry served with basmati rice
- Christopher’s rum and sultana cheesecake
- Jamaican blue mountain coffee with a few slices of banana cake
- Hand-carved watermelon surrounded with fresh fruits
- Crab tomalley served with jasmine rice and steamed tomatoes
- Jerk salmon and mixed vegetable skewers, drizzled with a sweet chilli sauce
- Pulled jerk chicken salad, drizzled with Christopher’s jerk sauce
- Oxtail, roast potatoes and buttered sweetheart cabbage
- Curry goat, curry chicken and jerk salmon served with rice and peas or buttered cabbage
- Prosciutto, plantain and eggs served with toasted hardo bread
- Stir-fried vegetables with lobster tails
- Boneless chicken wings served with stir-fried vegetables and boiled plantain
- Ackee and saltfish serve on a fried crispy boiled dumpling
- Jamaican crab tomalley served with aromatic basmati rice
- Filleted seabass, served on a bed of broccoli and crispy spaghetti
- Lobster, sticky rice, stir-fried vegetables served with a whiskey creme fresh and butter sauce
- Jerk Chicken Burger, Sweet Potato Fries, Mac & Cheese
- Seafood curry
Let us know what meats, sides, and flavours you prefer, and we can create the perfect menu for your event!